What should be checked if an Acronis Corporate product does not accept serial number
- You enter the license into the "Add license keys" tab and receive an error "These license keys are not valid."
There are several possible causes:
- Serial number is time-limited (a subscription),
- Serial number does not match the product that you are installing,
- Serial number is not complete or typed incorrectly.
1. Check if the license is a perpetual key or a subscription
Subscription licenses cannot be added to the product as the perpetual keys. To add a subscription, register it in your Acronis Account and synchronize with your account in the product console. You will find more detailed instructions on license management here.
2. Make sure the serial number matches the product version
Serial numbers for Acronis Cyber Backup 15 are not accepted in Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 and vice versa.
To make sure that you have the correct installation file for your product, it is recommended to register licenses on the Acronis website and download the installer for the registered product. See Downloading an Installation File of Acronis Software.
3. Make sure you have a full 64-symbol serial number
Acronis Cyber Backup and Acronis Cyber Protect use 64-symbol serial numbers. Boxed versions of the product are sold with 16-symbol activation key that needs to be registered in order to obtain a full serial number. See Activating a Boxed Version of an Acronis Product.
4. Check spelling
If you are typing the serial number manually check the serial number for possible typos and misprints. Common misprints include:
|0 (zero) and O (Oscar)|
|1 (one) and I (India)|
|5 (five) and S (Sierra)|
|8 (eight) and B (Bravo)|
(!) You can paste the serial number using CTRL-V combination to avoid possible typos. See also Pasting Serial Number in the Installation Wizard of Acronis Products.
Contact Acronis Customer Central if you have any questions or need assistance.