Acronis products support Advanced Format disks
The following Acronis products support Advanced Format drives:
- Acronis True Image 2021 (all editions)
- Acronis True Image 2020 (all editions)
- Acronis True Image 2019 (all editions)
- Acronis True Image 2018, Acronis True Image Subscription
- Acronis True Image 2017
- Acronis True Image 2016, Acronis True Image Cloud (Release 2016)
- Acronis True Image 2015
- Acronis True Image 2014
- True Image 2013 by Acronis
- Acronis True Image Home 2012/2011
- Acronis Disk Director 12/11 Home
- Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced
- Acronis Cyber Protect 15
- Acronis Cyber Backup (Advanced) 12.5
- Acronis Backup 12
- Acronis Backup (Advanced) 11.7
- Acronis Backup (Advanced) 11.5 (Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11/10
- Acronis Snap Deploy 5
- Aronis Snap Deploy 4
Advanced Format disks have a 4 KB physical sector size and emulate a logical addressing interface of 512 bytes. For more information on Advanced Format technology, please see International Disk Drive Equipment and Materials Association (IDEMA) website.
Cloning to a disk with different logical sector size is not supported. E.g., you can clone a 512 bytes/sector disk to 512 bytes/sector disk; you can clone a 4096 bytes/sector disk to 4096 bytes/sector disk; but you cannot clone a disk with logical sector size 512 bytes to disk with logical sector size 4096 bytes.
The disk management functionality of Acronis Backup is not available for disks with a 4-KB logical sector size.
Contact Acronis Customer Central if you have any questions or need assistance.