You try to start Acronis True Image and receive the following error:
Insufficient privileges. You do not have enough privileges to get full access to all Acronis True Image functionality.
You create a scheduled backup task in Acronis True Image. When you press Back up now or Later to finish backup creation, you receive the following error message:
Modification has failed. No task to modify.
If you press Ignore and restart Acronis True Image, the scheduled backup task appears in My backups list.
Current user does not have enough privileges to get access to all program functions. The current product design is that in order to have complete access to all functions, you should run the program from the account that belongs to Administrators group and has Back up files and directories and Restore files and directories privileges.
Step 1: adding a user to the Administrators group
- Click Start ->Run.
- Type in compmgmt.msc and hit Enter:
- In the Computer Management window click Local Users and Groups -> Users:
- Right-click the user under which you are trying to run the task and select Properties. Click the Member Of tab. The Administrators group should be in the Member of list:
If the user account is not a member of the Administrators group, add the account to the group:
- On the Member Of tab, click Add.
- In the Select Groups window type in Administrators and click Check Names:
- Click OK.
(!) If you do not have enabled Local User and Groups, you can run the product as Administrator: right-click on the product link or shortcut and select Run as administrator.
Step 2: setting up policies
- Open Control panel: Start -> Run -> Control panel.
- Navigate to Administrative Tools -> Local security policy.
- Under Security Settings, select Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment:
- Select Back up files and directories and Restore files and directories:
- Make sure the policy is set to the Administrators group.
In case the policy is not set to the Administrators group:
- Double-click on the policy.
- Click on Add User or a Group:
- Type in user's name or the Administrators group:
- Click OK and save changes.
- Reboot the computer
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.