Depending on whether you have purchased your Acronis product online, bought in a retail store, or have already registered your serial number, this article describes where to find it.
In the product
If you have Acronis Mobility Product installed, follow these instructions.
If you have an OEM version of an Acronis product (e.g. preinstalled on your hard disk, notebook etc), please contact your OEM vendor for a serial key. See also Upgrading from Acronis True Image OEM versions to Acronis True Image
We always recommend registering your serial number at the Acronis website, so that it will not be lost.
Here is how you can view your registered licenses in your Acronis account:
- Log in to your Account.
- In Products, locate the product you want to find the serial number for.
- Click the resource covered by the license:
- Serial number is displayed:
- You can select and copy it, paste it into the product to activate the license.
If you purchased the product in Acronis Online Store, you can also retrieve your serial number using Serial Number Auto-Recovery Tool.
In the invoice
If you purchased multiple licenses for Enterprise products, only the first license key will be in the .pdf license certificate. The remaining licenses should be in a separate .txt file.
If you purchased your Acronis product online, then you should have received your serial number in an automatic E-mail that was sent to the E-mail address that you provided at the time of the purchase.
(!) You can find your product serial number for online purchased Acronis products in your account at My Orders. See Acronis Account: My Orders.
(!) The automatic E-mail comes from CleverBridge (cleverbridge.com) or DigitalRiver(https://www.digitalriver.com/), which are the official payment service providers for Acronis. If you cannot find the E-mail, please make sure it is not in your spam or junk folder. If the E-mail has been deleted, please contact Acronis Customer Central as described under More information.
If you purchased your Acronis product offline at a retail store, then the location of the serial number depends on the package:
- Boxed product, that consists of the CD, White CD Sleeve, Quick Start Guide. - The serial number sticker is affixed to the back of White CD Sleeve;
- DVD Amaray Case, that consists of the CD and Quick Start Guide. - The serial number sticker is affixed inside the DVD case on right hand side. Directly above where the CD is held in place.
If you still cannot find the serial number, please contact Acronis Customer Central as described under More information. Please be aware that you may need to purchase Service Handling Fee if a serial number can not be retrieved from Acronis database: Service Handling Fee.
Ask Acronis Customer Central for assistance
If you still cannot find your serial number, then please contact Acronis Customer Central with reference to this article. Please include all possible information that you may have about your purchase:
- Order ID;
- Scanned copy of the receipt or invoice.
- If you have a 16-digit activation key of an Acronis Business Product instead of the full one, please see Activating a Boxed Version of an Acronis Business Product.
- Acronis Account: My Orders
- Acronis Products: How to get trial version
- Acronis Home Products: Serial Number Is Not Accepted
- Acronis Corporate Products: Serial Number Is Not Accepted