Start the Acronis Scheduler2 Service to fix the issue
Start of Acronis True Image or an attempt to run any task in Acronis True Image fails with the following error message:
Failed to deploy task
The backup operation requires the scheduler service to be started
Acronis scheduling services are not started. As a result, no operation with any task is possible.
There are several possible caused why the services are not started:
- If you try to launch Acronis True Image right after system boot, services may not be initialized yet. It is recommended to wait several minutes before launching the product.
- Antivirus or different security software prevent Acronis Scheduler2 Service
- Machine is started in Safe Mode. See Acronis Products Do Not Work in Windows Safe Mode
Acronis True Image checks for Acronis Scheduler2 Service and tries to start it automatically on product launch.
(!) If there is no specified service in the list or if you get the "The system cannot find the file specified" error on an attempt to start the service please do the following:
- Download the latest build of the product;
- Run the installation file and select Repair
After updating to the latest build of the product, it will automatically launch Acronis Scheduler2 Service, if it the service status is not set to Disabled.
If service still cannot be started or stops abruptly, temporarily disable your antivirus software and check if the service starts correctly. If the service starts when antivirus is disabled, add Acronis True Image files to the antivirus exclusions/white list. See this article for more information.