This article describes how to change the default catalog database folders for Acronis Storage Node
Acronis Storage Node contains catalogs for all managed vaults on this Acronis Storage Node.
- Windows XP/2003: Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\ASN\Catalog
- Windows Vista/7/2008/2008 R2: ProgramData\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\ASN\Catalog
To change the default folder, do the following:
- Navigate to the C:\ProgramData\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\ASN\.meta\ folder. It contains .xml file, which contains configuration for each vault:
- Open the target .xml file - you can find the respective vault by the <name> tag in the xml file:
- Change the value of the <catalog_database_uri> tag:
(e.g. C:\DB2\ (!) The path must end with a backslash)
- Restart Acronis Storage Node Service (Start-Run -> services.msc).
Starting with Acronis Backup Advanced 11.5 Update 5 the approximate formula is:
space_growth_per_backup = new_files_in_backup * 256 bytes
The total number of new files (files that don’t exist in the previous backup) in the backup is multiplied by 256 bytes (depending on the depth of the hierarchy of the folders this number may slightly vary in both directions) for each backup independently of whether it is a full or an incremental backup.
Before update 5 the formula for approximate calculation of expected catalog growth was the following:
space_growth_per_backup = files_in_backup * 0.5 KB
i.e. the total number of files on the disks/folders being backed up is multiplied by half a kilobyte (depending on the depth of the hierarchy of the folders this number may slightly vary in both directions) for each backup independently of whether it is full or incremental backup.