This article applies to creating a cluster service in Acronis Files Connect (formerly ExtremeZ-IP) 7.0 or later.
Each Acronis Files Connect virtual server you want to use on your cluster requires an Acronis Files Connect service instance. Each of these Acronis Files Connect services requires a unique Service Name. When Acronis Files Connect is installed on a cluster enabled server, no services are created by default. You will need to create a new Acronis Files Connect service for each virtual server, on each node you want the service to run on.
To create an Acronis Files Connect service, do the following:
1. After completing the Acronis Files Connect installation process, or on a cluster server with an existing Acronis Files Connect installation, run the Acronis Files Connect Administrator application.
2. If Acronis Files Connect is being installed for the first time and no services exist, you will be prompted to create your first service. Enter the Service Name of your choosing. In this example, our service name is “Marketing”.
NOTE: Write down the exact service name you use in this command. You need to know the exact name when configuring the role in Windows Failover Cluster Management.
3. After the service is created, it will appear in the Acronis Files Connect Services window. Acronis Files Connect Services will be shown each time the Acronis Files Connect Administrator is launched. It is used to select the service you would like to administer, as well as to add or remove additional services.
4. If you are configuring multiple services, select Add Service and to create any additional services necessary.
5. You will need to perform these steps on each cluster node that these Acronis Files Connect services will run on. Service names need to match across nodes that are expected to host the role.