How can MassTransit be configured to support inbound FTP connections for file transfers?
MassTransit servers support inbound connections via FTP. In order to support this, the following procedure is required:
1. Click the "Configuration" button from the MassTransit Navigation bar.
2. Click on the "Incoming Calls" tab, located in the upper-left hand corner of the Configuration window.
3. Click on the "Add" button to create an incoming call method.
4. From the pulldown menu, select "FTP Server" and click "OK".
5. Make sure that the "Answer incoming calls" option is checked, and click "OK."
6. Click on the "Save" button in the lower-left corner of the Configuration window in order to register the changes.
MassTransit can be configured to allow individual users to access their own unique, private mailboxes. MassTransit may also be configured to enable "generic" or anonymous logins. Such configurations are controlled via MassTransit's address book.
NOTE: If a firewall is employed within your organization, additional security rules may be required to support inbound FTP connections. Traditionally, the File Transfer protocol requires ports 20, 21 and ports greater than 1024.