Should you experience a problem with mounting and/or exploring backups, please follow these steps to troubleshoot such issues.
- Validate the backup to check if it is not corrupted. If validation shows the backup is corrupted, proceed as described in Troubleshooting Issues with Corrupt Backups.
- Make sure the folder where the backup is placed has full permission (read/write access):
For more information, see this article for different versions of Windows
- Make sure that archive is consistent (all the backup files are in the same location) if it is an Incremental backup chain.
- If the archive/backup is located on a network share, try to place the entire archive/backup on a local disk to localize the problem.
- If nothing helps, go to Collect information part.
The following information has to be collected for further investigation of the issue:
- Information about software: what version and build of Acronis True Image was used to create the backup.
- Information about backup: backup scheme that was used (full/incremental/differential), backup splitting if any, password protection/encryption, backup location.
- Collect Process monitor log (PML) when trying to explore/mount the backup.
- If mount operation hangs or crashes, collect dump of the crashed process. Proceed as described in Acronis Software: Troubleshooting Application Crashes or Acronis Software: Troubleshooting Application Lockups.
- System report: see Acronis True Image: Collecting System Report.
With information collected please contact contact Acronis Customer Central