This article will help you to troubleshoot issues with backup via Command-line utility in Acronis Backup.
You run a backup using Command-line utility, it fails with an error message.
- if backup hangs, follow Acronis Software:Troubleshooting Application Lockups.
- if Acronis Backup crashes during backup, follow Acronis Software: Troubleshooting Application Crashes.
- Wrong syntax (e.g. arguments are missing)
- Wrong data provided (wrong password, wrong location etc.)
- Issue in the product
- Make sure you use correct syntax. Check if the command you use has indispensable parameters and if you have provided them. Check if you have put those parameters in the correct order. See Command-line Reference for more details.
- Make sure you have provided correct data. For example: make sure you have selected the correct disk for backup or the correct source for recovery, have access to this disk, have provided a user who has access both to the backup/recovery source and the destination, and the correct password is provided.
If the above solutions do not help or are not applicable, please collect the following information:
Exact command syntax used;
Error message or the screenshot of it;
- System Report from the machine where Agent that fails backup is installed:
- Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5: How to collect system report
- Acronis Backup 11.7/11.5: Generating System Report,
- if this fails for any reason, you can use this AcronisInfo Utility
and contact Acronis Support.