When you contact Acronis Support, the support professionals will usually need information about your system in order to resolve your problem and will ask you to collect a system report from your computer.
On a Windows computer
To generate a system report in Windows:
- On the sidebar, click Help:
- Click Generate system report:
In Acronis bootable media
- Click on the questionmark sign.
- Select Generate system report:
On a Mac
Acronis System Report is a bash script that collects diagnostic information about Acronis True Image for Mac and the Mac OS.
- Download system_report.command.zip.
- Right-click on the script.
- You will get the message:
- Click Open.
If you are running the script under Mac OS, the Acronis System Report folder will be created on the desktop. Finder will automatically open the folder with the System Report when the report is collected.
Acronis System Report collects the following information:
- Mac OS version;
- Machine type (iMac, MacBook etc);
- System boot log;
- Information on the free/used space on the mounted partitions;
- List of the active processes;
- List of the attached disks;
- Acronis True Image for Mac logs;
- Information on the scheduled tasks;
- Configuration directory of Acronis True Image for Mac;
In Acronis bootable media:
To be able to run the Acronis System Report script when booted from Acronis Media, copy the script to a disk with backups, USB flash drive or some other disk. Do not keep the script on a shared folder or Acronis Bootable Media.To run the Acronis System Report script from Acronis Bootable Media, mount the disk with the script.
Then do the following to run the script:
- Start Mac OS terminal.
- Go to the directory with the script (e.g. cd /Volumes/attached_media_with_script/directory_with_script/). If you do not know the name of your media, type cd /Volumes/ and hit the Tab key twice, all directories will be listed.
- Start the script: ./AcronisSystemReport.command
If you are running the Acronis System Report from Acronis Bootable Media, the Acronis System Report folder with the collected information will be created in the same directory where you started the script.