If there is an issue with installation of Acronis True Image, it is useful to create an installation log and send it along with your request for support.
- If the installation fails the product will display a window with appropriate error message. Click Save error log to file:
- Select a location where to save the log, e.g. Desktop.
- Send it to Acronis Customer Central with a description of the issue.
Alternatively, you can also take a look at the log to see if this is a known issue. See Analyzing Installation Logs of Acronis Products Based on MSI Technology
NOTE: all installation logs are also automatically stored in \ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Logs and will be included into system report gathered in Windows, see Acronis System Report.
If the error message does not contain link to save the error log, please look for the log in the temp folder:
- Open Windows explorer.
- Navigate to %temp%:
- In the search box, type in "msi.txt":
- Select the file of the last installation attempt by its Date modified: