- You select files larger than 4GB each for archiving.
- As archive location you select a FAT32 disk, for example, a USB flash drive formatted as FAT32.
- You start archiving.
- Archiving operation stops.
The file size limitation of FAT32 file system is 4 GB. The archive created by Acronis True Image is saved as a single file and therefore exceeds the limit of FAT32.
Archive splitting will be implemented in future updates of Acronis True Image. As workaround, select another location for the archive.
If you don't know whether your disk is formatted as FAT32, you can check it this way:
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Right-click your disk and select Properties.
- Under File System check the file system of your disk. If you see FAT32 as file system, the issue is caused by this limitation.
Otherwise contact Acronis Customer Central for assistance.