- You want to activate Acronis True Image 2017
- When you enter your serial number and click Activate, the license key is not getting accepted and the following message is displayed:
Sorry, the serial number couldn't be checked. Try again later.
Acronis True Image Premium Subscription:
The issue has been fixed in build 6106 (Acronis True Image New Generation). Please update to the latest build.
Acronis True Image 1-Time Purchase License and Standard Subscription:
The issue has been fixed in build 8029. Please update to the latest build.
To resolve the issue without updating the product, install patch 5555:
- Make sure you have build 5554 installed. You can check current build number on the Account tab (see this article, if you need help checking build number). If you have an older build installed, download build 5554 from your Acronis account and install it (you can find step-by-step instructions in this article).
- Close Acronis True Image.
- Download the patch and unpack it.
- Double-click the installation file.
- Wait until installation completes.
User Account Control dialog box (Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?) may be shown several times during installation process, this is expected behaviour, click Yes to continue installation.
Now you can activate your Acronis True Image.
For assistance, contact Acronis Customer Central.
If you still cannot activate your Acronis True Image, use the following solutions:
Follow the steps below to check Windows Firewall settings. If you have a third-party firewall running, consult its documentation on how to remove a block rule.
1. Open Windows Control Panel:
Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 users: right-click on Windows Start menu button and select Control panel:
Windows 7 users: Open Windows Start menu and select Control Panel:
2. Click System and Security:
3. Click Windows Firewall:
4. Click Advanced settings:
5. Windows Firewall with Advanced Security window will open in a few seconds. Click Outbound Rules:
6. See if there are any lines marked with a crossed circle icon - these are Windows Firewall block rules:
7. If you have found a block rule that has "Acronis" in its name, right-click it and select Delete.
8. Click Yes to confirm the operation:
9. Keep removing the lines marked with the crossed circles until there are no block rules referencing Acronis:
10. Switch to the Acronis program and attempt to activate your license.
1. Copy the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to your Desktop folder:
2. Right-click the hosts file on your Desktop and select Open with:
3. Select Notepad from the list and click OK:
4. Check if there are any lines containing "acronis":
5. Delete all the lines with "acronis":
6. Click File -> Save, then close Notepad:
7. Drag and drop the edited file "hosts" from Desktop to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc:
8. Choose the Replace option:
9. Click Continue to confirm the operation:
10. If the replacement has succeeded, the file "hosts" will disappear from the Desktop:
11. Open Acronis True Image and attempt to activate your license.
Verify the connection to Acronis servers
Follow https://kb.acronis.com/content/47145 to check the connection to Acronis servers.
If the checking tool displays any text in red color, it means the access to Acronis servers is still blocked in your particular environment. See what address and/or port are marked with red and make sure that other software, your router and Internet service provider are not blocking them.
If the verification tool does not produce any red-colored messages, proceed to the next step below.