When you contact Acronis Customer Central, the support professionals will usually need information about your system in order to resolve your problem and will ask you to collect a system report from your computer.
(!) Please make sure to collect system report after you have gathered all the other requested information (Process Monitor Log, PCAP log, etc). This way system report will contain logs related to the issue.
To generate a system report in Windows:
- Launch Acronis True Image.
In case if the program's main window does not open for any reason, launch the System Report generation tool from the Windows Start menu: Acronis - True Image - Tools and Utilities - Acronis System Report.
- On the sidebar, click Help:
- Click Generate system report:
- Wait until system report is collected. It may take up to 5-10 minutes. Once it is collected, you can save system report to a folder of your choice. Click Save and select a folder:
In case Acronis True Image is not installed or generating system report fails for some reason, collect system information using AcronisInfo utility.
- Click on the triangle sign:
- Select Generate system report:
Acronis System Report is a bash script that collects diagnostic information about Acronis True Image on a Mac.
- Download system_report.command.zip
- Right-click on the script.
- You will get the message:
- Click Open.
If you are running the script in OS X, the Acronis System Report folder will be created on the desktop. Finder will automatically open the folder with the System Report when the report is collected.
To create a system report on macOS 10.15 Catalina go to Macintosh HD - Applications - Acronis True Image - Show Package Contents - MacOS - system_report.command
Acronis System Report collects the following information:
- Mac OS version;
- Machine type (iMac, MacBook etc);
- System boot log;
- Information on the free/used space on the mounted partitions;
- List of the active processes;
- List of the attached disks;
- Acronis True Image for Mac logs;
- Information on the scheduled tasks;
- Configuration directory of Acronis True Image for Mac;
To be able to run the Acronis System Report script when booted from Acronis Media, copy the script to a disk with backups, USB flash drive or some other disk. Do not keep the script on a shared folder or Acronis Bootable Media.To run the Acronis System Report script from Acronis Bootable Media, mount the disk with the script.
Then do the following to run the script:
- Start Terminal.
- Go to the directory with the script (e.g. cd /Volumes/attached_media_with_script/directory_with_script/). If you do not know the name of your media, type cd /Volumes/ and press the Tab key twice, all directories will be listed.
- Start the script:
- Wait while the script collects the necessary information:
If you are running the Acronis System Report from Acronis Bootable Media, the Acronis System Report folder with the collected information will be created in the same directory where you started the script.