Starting with build 6106 (Acronis True Image New Generation) and build 8029 (Acronis True Image Standard) we are offering direct access to the tools developed by the Acronis forums community. The tools simplifies specific operations in Acronis True Image.
- Log Viewer
- Custom WinPE-based Media Builder
Community tools, as being voluntarily developed by community members, are not Acronis True Image components and thus are not part of the standard development and maintenance workflow and support policy. Community Tools are not developed or maintained by Acronis employees. Acronis only moderates the Community Tools page and does not have a commitment for answering any questions posted about the use of the tools, or for providing support for their use. Below, you can find detailed information.
MVP assistant tool
The MVP Assistant tool has the following basic functions:
- New improved Log viewer.
- System Configuration Information
- True Image Configuration Information
- MPV Guidelines
This tool also includes a Settings page used to customize the configuration of the MVP Assistant tool and a Help page which hosts usage instructions for each of the tools functions and settings pages
How to use:
- Download MVP assistant tool
- Unzip the archive. Launch MVPassistant.exe
Note that MVPassistant.exe has not been signed with Acronis signature, so you may get a warning from Windows about launching an app from unknown publisher.
- Log viewer page organizes all logs into an easily navigated tree:
System configuration page provides information about hardware configuration and operating system.
True Image Configuration page shows how True Image is configured and the details of backup tasks.
MVP guidelines page includes links to useful resources, such as documentation, guides, KB articles.
Settings page allows you to configure MVP assistant program settings
Consult Help for usage instructions.
A simple application that allows viewing Acronis True Image service logs in a graphical user interface.
- Download the tool.
- Double-click to run it.
- Using date and time, find the log you want to check:
A script that allows creating a custom 32-bit or 64-bit WinPE-based Acronis bootable rescue media. With the tool you can create a bootable media which can be used on a 32-bit UEFI computer (usually a tablet) or in case an OEM manufacturer has set the SATA mode to RAID in the BIOS and it cannot be changed. The tool also supports automatic driver injection into both the 32-bit and 64-bit media during media creation process.
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, both 32-bit and 64-bit
- Installed Acronis True Image 2019, 2018, 2017 or 2016
- Optional: Installed Windows ADK (5.x, 6.x or 10.x) for additional components such as MSiScsi and Bitlocker support. Windows ADK is not required for building media from WinRE.
To use the tool:
- Download and unpack it. This version adds several enhancements to the resulting media such as Web browser, file explorer, a custom shell, PDF reader and more.
- Turn Acronis Active Protection off (navigate to Settings, then to Acronis Active Protection, and clear the Protect all Acronis True Image files from ransomware check box). After creating the media, you can turn it back on.
- Run the .exe file as administrator: right-click the file and select Run as administrator.
- In the opened dialog window, follow the on-screen instructions, typing the numbers of the options you want to select:
- Select 32-bit or 64-bit media creation
- Wim file is mounted and ISO image is created
- You can choose to burn bootable media to a CD/DVD or create a bootable USB flash drive
- After the media is created, the script takes 1-3 minutes to clean up temporary changes. You can close the window manually; otherwise, it closes automatically in 20 seconds: