This document is intended for Acronis Disaster Recovery Service customers who are using Acronis Backup Advanced 11.x transport.
The document describes the update procedure for Acronis Agent for ESXi (Virtual Appliance). The Virtual Appliance update should be performed by any Acronis Disaster Recovery users who protect their Virtual Machines on hypervisor level.
To update Acronis Agent for Microsoft Hyper-V please follow the Acronis Agents Manual Update Guide.
Updating Agents for VMWare using Acronis Management Server
- Open Acronis Management Console and connect to Acronis Management server.
- On the Navigation pane, right-click Virtual Machines item and choose Update Agent for VMWare:
- In Update Agent for VMware, check all of the agents you need to update. Click Update Agent for VMware:
The number in Select the agents to update to version should be larger than your current build number. In this example: current build number is 11.7.44196 and proposed update is 11.7.50058. If you are not seeing a higher build number in this field, it means that not all components required for the automated update were successfully deployed to your Acronis Management Server in Cloud. In this case, please contact Acronis Disaster Recovery Support team using your DR console account.
- If prompted, specify credentials for the ESXi host there the Virtual Appliance resides and click OK:
- Сlick Update Agent for VMware to start update.
Verifying the installation
- Track the progress for each update task by clicking Current Activities at the bottom right corner of Acronis Management Console main window:
- After a successful update Virtual Appliance restarts. It will be grayed out as inaccessible under Machines with agents -> All machines with agents in the management console. This is nexpected behavior. It can take up to 15-20 minutes for the Appliance to restart and become available in the management console.
If after 20 minutes the appliance is still grayed out, please close the management console and open it again. If the Appliance does not come online, please contact Acronis Disaster Recovery Support team using your DR Console account.
- Once Virtual Appliance is restarted, you are able to see its new version number in the management console. Version number should be updated:
If you do not have the Installed agent version column in your management console: right-click the table header line and click Installed agent version line in the drop-down menu.
In case of any issues with Acronis Agent for ESXi Virtual Appliance update procedures please contact Acronis Disaster Recovery Support team using your DR Console account.