You want to activate Acronis True image and provide a serial number. The serial number is accepted, but you see this error message:
Activation required! Days remaining: 30
You try to resolve the issue by clicking Resolve issue or Enter serial number, but you see this message in the further steps:
The serial number is registered to another account
The serial number you have provided is registered in an Acronis account, but you are logged in to another account in Acronis True Image software.
There are 3 solutions to fix the error The serial number is registered to another account.
If you bought the license for yourself, try to recall if you indicated a different email address in the purchase form. Search your emails for the purchase confirmation from Acronis store.
If the license was bought by another person, ask them for help in resolving this matter, see the instructions below:
Option 1. Move the license registration from one Acronis account to the current Acronis account
Owners of non-subscription licenses (also known as "Perpetual", "Standard", "One-Time Purchase") can move the licenses between different Acronis accounts at https://account.acronis.com/:
- Sign into Acronis account, where the serial number is registered.
- Locate the necessary product in the list and click Transfer license:
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete the transfer.
Subscription license owners ("Advanced", "Premium") should contact Acronis Support Team about license transfer between Acronis accounts.
Option 2. Switch to using Acronis account, where the serial number is registered.
You can sign out from the current Acronis account in the software, sign in to the account where the serial number is registered and stay with it.
If you already have backups, synchronization data or archives in Acronis Cloud, they will remain on the Cloud, but will stop being updated with new backup versions and will not be visible in the software after you switch to the other Acronis account. You can always browse and restore data from them either by switching back Acronis account or from a web browser: https://www.acronis.com/my/online-backup/webrestore/.
- Launch Acronis True Image
- Sign out from the current Acronis account by doing either of these:
A) click on the Account tab - click the email address in the upper part of the window and select Sign Out, or
B) if there is no Account tab and program is locked, click on the "Sign out" button
- Click Sign in
- Provide credentials for Acronis account, where the serial number is registered.
- If the message "You've exceeded the maximum number of activations for this serial number" appears, that would indicate that not only the serial number was under a different Acronis account, but the license was activated on a different computer. In that case click "Resolve issue" and reassign the license from the old computer to the current one.
- Activation should succeed now, as you are signed in to the same Acronis account where the serial number is registered
Option 3. Use a different serial number or buy a new license
If the first two options are not viable for any reason, use a different serial number or buy a new license.