Backup or replication fails with:
Cannot create a backup of the specified type in archive 'archive' because it contains backups of another type. A backup archive can contain backups of one type only.
Storage-related issues that cause corruption of archive’s metadata often trigger the error.
Please update to the latest build of Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 (13400). As the Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 Update 4 contains metadata improvements, new build will help to localize the issue.
To identify the root cause and find out whether archive is recoverable, please collect information listed below and contact Acronis Customer Central.
The following information is required for investigation:
- Process Monitor log during reproducing the issue as described in the article https://kb.acronis.com/procmon ;
- Run validation of the archive and provide information whether it was successful:
- If backup destination is Cloud storage - cloud certificate from the affected agent machine;
- If backup destination is a NAS - exact NAS model;
- system information from the affected agent machine and from Acronis Management Server
Contact Acronis Customer Central.