You are backing up Microsoft 365 mailboxes to Acronis Cloud.
To prevent storage overuse, you want to keep historical data on-site while preserving current backups in the Cloud storage.
This article describes how to export an archive from Acronis Cloud to a local storage.
Step 1: Install Command-Line Tool
You need to perform the steps below on a machine where an Acronis Agent and Acronis Command-Line Tool are installed. By default, Acronis Command-Line Tool is installed along with the Agent for Windows.
To check where the tool is already installed and to install it, if need be:
- Download the full installation package of Acronis Agent: in Cyber Protection console, navigate to Devices -> All devices, click Add, scroll to the bottom and select either x32- or x64-bit installation package in the Download all agents for installation in Windows section.
- Run the installation package.
- Click Modify installed components.
- Check whether Command-Line Tool is selected:
- if it is selected, the tool is already installed; you can close the installation wizard
- if it is not selected, select it (leave other selections as is) and click Modify.
Step 2: Export archive
Once the tool is installed, use the following command to export archive from Cloud to local folder:
acrocmd export archive --loc=online:// --credentials=<user name>,<password> --arc=<cloud archive name> --password=<archive password> --target=<location> --credentials=<target user name>,<target password> --target_arc=<local archive name>
<user name> is the backup account and <password> is this user's password
<cloud archive name> is the name of the archive in Acronis Cloud
In Cyber Protection console, navigate to Backup storage -> Cloud Storage -> select the archive and click the Details tab
<archive password> is the password of the Cloud archive (if previously specified for the archive)
<location> is the local location where the archive should be downloaded to; you might need to specify credentials for the target location; in this case, add:
--credentials=<target user name>,<target password>
<local archive name> is the name of the archive in the local storage
After exporting the archives to the local storage, you can delete them in the Cloud (to free up space). To delete archives or specific recovery points from the Cloud storage, follow this guide.
In case you will later need to recover from the locally stored archives:
- In Cyber Protection console, navigate to Backup storage.
- Click Browse.
- In the Machine to browse from, select the machine with Agent for Microsoft 365.
- Browse and select the locally stored archive. See this guide for details.