Last update: Wed, 2020-11-11 16:43
1. You create a backup using Version 12 backup format (this format is used by default for all new archives in Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 and Acronis Cyber Backup Cloud).
2. Task fails with: "Input/output error"
This is a generic error that requires investigation.
1) For Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5: Please update the product to the latest available build (13400) as Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 Update 4 contains improvements to make this error more detailed.
2) Input/output errors during file system access may be a sign of file system errors or hardware issues.
Search for possible errors using Windows Event Viewer and Acronis Disk Report:
- Review Windows event logs, see details in this article.
- Review Acronis Disk Report, as described below, or use your preferred software for checking disk health status.
3) Check pcs log on the Agent around the time of failure; details from this log can help find the cause of the issue:
- Windows: C:\ProgramData\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\MMS\pcs.0.log.gz
- Linux: /var/lib/Acronis/BackupAndRecovery/MMS/pcs.0.log.gz
- macOS: /Library/Application Support/Acronis/BackupAndRecovery/MMS/pcs.0.log.gz
If the above steps do not help resolve the issue, collect system information from the affected machine and contact Acronis Customer Central with a reference to this article