This article describes Acronis Cyber Cloud APS update preparation steps alowing to minizimize the risk of errors that might happen during the update.
Preparation steps described below are highly recommended to the service providers with a large amount of Acronis Cyber Cloud subscriptions managed by OSA (1000+).
Tools used hereto are available as a part of Acronis Cyber Cloud APS package starting from version 2.2-1878.
APS Update Pre-check Tools
The following OSA and APS entities are most likely to cause errors during APS update and are recommended to be checked prior to the update:
- incorrect resources' statuses
- inconsistent states of subscriptions
In order to detect potential issues with subscriptions and resources statuses, follow the steps below:
- Login to Acronis Cyber Cloud APS endpoint via ssh
- Navigate to Acronis Cyber Cloud APS home directory:
- To detect incorrect statuses of resources, replace placeholders according to your environment configuration and run the following command:
curl -sSkv -E config/<INSTANCE_UUID>.pem 'https://<POA_HOST>:6308/aps/2/resources?like(aps.type,http://acronis.com/aps/cloud-backup-v1/*),ne(aps.status,aps:ready),ne(aps.status,aps:suspended),limit(0,0)' 2>&1 | grep items
- To detect inconsistent states of subscriptions, replace placeholders according to your environment configuration and run the following command:
curl -sSkv -E config//<INSTANCE_UUID>.pem 'https://<POA_HOST>:6308/aps/2/resources/?implementing(http://acronis.com/aps/cloud-backup-v1/tenant/9.0),eq(subscription.aps.id,null()),limit(0,0)' 2>&1 | grep items
If you see the output Content-Range: items 0-0/0 returned by both commands, that means that no subscription and resources statuses issues were detected and you can proceed to APS update.
If resources statuses check returns results differ from the above, proceed as follows:
1. Check for incomplete Acronis Cyber Cloud Orders in Billing Automation
2. Check for incomplete Acronis Cyber Cloud Tasks in Operations Automation
3. Run the test again
4. If there are still some incorrect resources reported, submit a support request to Odin.
In case subscriptions states check results differ from the above, submit a support request to Odin.
CloudBlue KB articles explaining possible causes of Acronis Cyber Cloud APS update errors:
- https://kb.cloudblue.com/en/128528 - "Resource(s) not ready. Finish operations with all resource(s) first."
- https://kb.cloudblue.com/en/128547 - "The service is currently not available. Please try again later."
- https://kb.cloudblue.com/en/131667 - APS application resource upgrade or provisioning fails: "Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded"
- https://kb.cloudblue.com/en/133182 - Upgrading resources of application task fails with No suitable 'upgrade' found