You are facing an issue with Acronis Backup Cloud - Agent for Linux, for example, a backup is running slow and you try to analyze the root cause. We recommend using the perf command line tool to troubleshoot a performance issue.
Follow these steps:
1. The "perf" utility should be shipped with the kernel (See details here http://www.brendangregg.com/perf.html). If you don't have it install it:
- in RPM-based distributions with:
# yum update && yum install perf [CentOS / RHEL / Fedora]
# dnf update && dnf install perf [Fedora 23+ releases]
# sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude install linux-tools-$(uname -r) linux-tools-generic
2. Start the affected operation. Wait about 1 hour and run the following command:
# perf record -F 99 -p SERVICE_PROCESS_PID
Replace service_process_PID with the process ID you want to monitor.
3. Wait 10-20 min and press Ctrl-C.
4. Cancel the operation from the Backup console.
5. Run perf report and check the output.
6. Make a screenshot of the output showing the most consuming function.
Knowing that a particular function occupies the service_process will let us check the root cause further with Acronis support and development team.