1. Operation with a backup archive (backup, replication, validation, etc.) fails with the following message:
Data is corrupted: CRC mismatch or internal data structures mismatch
The error message indicates that the backup archive is corrupted.
1. Storage media corruption
2. Memory module corruption
3. Network issues leading to data corruption during transfer
4. Other issues requiring further investigation
- Test the memory on the Agent and on machine with Acronis Storage Node if it is used. See Testing Computer Memory. If memtest reveals any errors with RAM, the backup corruption is due to hardware problems and RAM should be replaced to solve the issue.
- If memtest did not reveal any errors with RAM, and backup is not stored on the internal disk, reattempt the same backup and the same operation on the internal disk and check if the issue reproduces. If backup on the internal drive does not produce such an error, then the data gets corrupt during transfer to the external location. Depending on the backup destination, the corruption may be caused by network problems, disk errors on destination, hardware problems with the destination, obsolete drivers etc
- If the error reproduces when saving backup to internal drive, then the issue requires investigation. Collect the diagnostic information described below and contact Acronis Customer Central
1. Validate the affected backup archive using Acronis command-line utility and collect the log of the validation operation using --log parameter
- Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5, Acronis Cyber Protect 15: on a machine where Agent is installed, launch Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd) and run the command for validation:
acrocmd validate archive --loc=<path to backup> --arc=<archive name> --log=<full path>
<path to backup> is the folder where backup is located
<archive name> is the name of the archive that you want to verify
<full path> is the location where logs should be placed
e.g. acrocmd validate archive --loc=E:\backups\ --arc=my_archive.tib --log=E:\logs
For more information and other parameters see product documentation
- Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: see this article for instructions
3. If backup destination is Acronis Cloud Storage, also collect Acronis cloud certificate
Contact Acronis Customer Central with reference to this article.