The RAID is detected as separate drives
Acronis Bootable Media detects HP Smart Array B110i SATA RAID (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3a25 or PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3b25), B120i, B140i, B320i, HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen 10 as separate drives.
Acronis Bootable Media does not support these devices. The reason is that this is not an open-source driver.
Companies are legally prohibited to include proprietary drivers into their products, thus we cannot add the drivers into Acronis bootable media.
There are two workarounds for the issue allowing Acronis products to work with HP Smart Array RAID controllers.
- Build your own custom bootable media as described in How to Update Acronis Bootable Media with Closed-Source Kernel Modules.
- Use WinPE media with the Acronis plug-in, and inject the drivers for the array to the media:
- Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: see How to create a WinPE-based bootable media
- Acronis Cyber Protect 15: see WinPE-based bootable media
- Acronis Backup 12.5: see WinPE-based bootable media
- Acronis Backup 11/11.5/11.7: see Using Acronis Media Builder to Build WinPE with Acronis Plug-In.