After agent update to Build 24600 or 24476, Acronis Scheduler randomly generates errors in Windows Event log:
Scheduler failed to run task with GUID '15C608E6-C6BD-4C21-B41C-E10368FDACD8' because of error 2 (Failed to find the file (folder) or the key (value) in the registry.)
GUID is different on each device.
Issue in the product. Obsolete service tasks are not deleted automatically during update.
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: this issue is fixed in C20.11, Agent build 25837. The latest build will remove obsolete tasks automatically.
Acronis Cyber Protect 15: the issue is planned to be fixed in the next product update. In the meantime, use the workaround below.
Delete the traces of obsolete tasks manually:
- On the affected machine, run Acronis Scheduler Manager as Administrator.
Acronis Scheduler Manager is located in the following folders:
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud:
- 32Bit: \Program Files\BackupClient\BackupAndRecovery\schedmgr.exe
- 64Bit: \Program Files (x86)\BackupClient\BackupAndRecovery\schedmgr.exe
Acronis Cyber Protect 15:
- 32Bit: \Program Files\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\schedmgr.exe
- 64Bit: \Program Files (x86)\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\schedmgr.exe
- Issue the following command:
- In the displayed list of tasks, find the task(s) that contain the path C:\Program Files\Acronis\Agent\bin\adp-rest-util.exe. These are the tasks that trigger errors in logs.
E.g. tasks 2-6, 2-7, 2-8, 2-9 on the screenshot.
(!) Tasks containing the path C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Agent\bin\adp-rest-util.exe are correct, do not delete them.
- Delete all tasks that contain the path C:\Program Files\Acronis\Agent\bin\adp-rest-util.exe. Issue the following commands to delete each task:
See also Acronis Scheduler Manager.