The Antivirus and Antimalware protection module allows you to protect your machines from all recent malware threats. However, is can sometimes affect performance of other software. Please report these issues to Acronis, so that we can investigate and adjust our software.
If you suspect that Antivirus and Antimalware protection affects performance of other software, please do the following:
Test various scenarios
- Disable Real-Time Protection only and check software performance.
- Disable Active Protection only and check software performance.
- Disable both and check software performance.
Note whether the affected software runs fast after disabling behavior detection and exploit prevention. If this is the case, collect the following information and contact Acronis support:
- Acronis system information report
- Software name and version, software executable file (name and location, if possible), description of the problem and results of the tested scenarios.
- Exact time of when the problem occurred and tests were made (this will be necessary for log analysis).
If you suspect that Antivirus and Antimalware protection affects machine performance in general (for example, CPU usage jumps to 100%), check which process is overloading the hardware.
If the process belongs to another software, but only overloads hardware resources when Antivirus and Antimalware protection is enabled, collect the information described above plus Process monitor log. If it is an Acronis process, follow this article Acronis Cyber Protect: Troubleshooting hardware resources overuse (high CPU, memory usage).