- After update to C21.02 Agent build (15.0.26473), Windows machines periodically crash with a BSOD.
- The issue does not occur without DeviceLock Service running (see KB68145).
- Blue screen of death refers to DeviceLockDllDrv.sys driver.
- Memory dump analysis refers to PROCESS_NAME: Bioiso.exe
Known issue in the product. Fixed in Acronis Cyber Cloud 21.03, Agent build 26614.
- Update Acronis Agent version to 15.0.26614 from C21.03, or newer.
- Modify Acronis DLP Agent settings to workaround the issue:
Stop DeviceLock service on the server by executing the command as Administrator:
"C:\Program Files\BackupClient\DeviceLock\dlservice" -e
apply bioisoexception.reg file from the attached archive. This reg-file will create an exception in the registry ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SmartLine Vision\DeviceLock\Policy\]) for the BioIso.exe process, which in conflict with DeviceLock service gives BSOD.
Thus, the next time DeviceLock service is installed or started on the server it will use the predefined exception from the registry to avoid the conflict.