This has been fixed
Install Agent for Windows in addition to Agent Core
Incorrect user name and password for the target machine have been specified
To solve the issue, update all of the product's components to the latest build
Automatic and manual distribution of virtual machines among Agents
Simultaneous backup of virtual machines in Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Virtual Edition
How to install Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Standalone over Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Build 11639 (U2) or higher
Adding a machine to the Acronis Management Server fails with "The machine has already been registered". However the machine is not in the Acronis Management Server
Cloned machines have the same ID. Change the instance ID in Windows Registry to fix the issue
There are either not enough rights to back up the remote machine, or Acronis Agent serial key did not register properly
Run the remote installation wizard and install Acronis Backup & Recovery 11/11.5 Agent on top of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent or on a clean machine
Logs are not imported to Acronis Management Server after re-adding the agent
Make sure you have ports 9876 and 25001 open
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup Advanced 11.5 (Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- You start remote installation of Acronis components.
- Installation fails with the following error messages:
Failed to get information about remote machine
Failed to connect to the service
Failed to connect to Windows service
Allow Acronis Managed Machine Service some time to initialize
The "CredStorage" subkey in the registry is broken
Prepare machines for remote installation of Acronis Backup Advanced components
Install the necessary Acronis Agents
The most probable cause is that the specified address is incorrect or the machine is unavailable
License server is not accessible or the license is already in use
This is a known issue. Just stop the activity
Installation of Acronis Agent for Linux fails with "Segmentation Fault". To fix this issue, transfer the installation files with WinSCP or via Samba share
The remote machine is inaccessible
- You are attempting to install Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for Windows or Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced;
- The installation starts, but then rolls back;
- In the installation log you search for the Return value 3 entry (for operating systems in English) and you see the following error entries:
(!) For complete information on how to analyze installation logs, please see Analyzing Installation Logs of Acronis Products Based on MSI Technology.
You need configure the system restored to dissimilar hardware before you can boot it
Agent installation on a Windows machine fails with the following error:
Error 0x627536: Failed to install the Visual C++ Redistributable Package
1. You installed Management Server and Agent of Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 on the same machine,
2. When you try to add machine using Add button in Devices tab, error message appears:
You cannot remotely install the agent on the same machine that performs the remote installation. Please install the agent on this machine locally
If for some reason you do not know the name of the agent who performed the operation, you can always check it in the Activities tab. To do this, click on the activity and the agent's name will be displayed in the activity details.
The ext4 file system support has been implemented in the following products:
- You have installed Management Server of build 16342 or updated the existing Management Server to this build.
- You launch the installation file of Build 16342 on a machine to install or update Agent locally.
- You specify the IP address or name of the Acronis Management Server where the agent should be registered. Connection fails with the following error:
Failed to connect to machine. HTTP status code: 500" error.
- You have a virtual environment protected with Agent for VMware or Agent for Hyper-V
- When a backup plan is applied to two or more virtual machines, activities for backup progress are not shown on virtual machines; instead they are shown on Agent that runs on hypervisor level.
- Alternatively, warnings or activities are shown on incorrect virtual machine
Specifics of product architecture.