Allow the Network access for VMware Adapter on the "Network" tab
Acronis Backup and Security 2011 integrates Firewall, Backups, Antispam and Antiphishing into Windows
This is a known issue
This is a known issue on Windows 7. Set the Firewall in the "Trusted (Allow All)" mode temporarily
The port is chosen at random, the hostname is orders.acronis.com, and the Firewall exception is "Acronis Sync Agent Service"
With Windows, the firewall is on by default. If you choose to run your server with the firewall up, you will need to configure it to allow other computers to access Acronis Files Connect (formerly ExtremeZ-IP).
Make sure you have ports 9876 and 25001 open
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup Advanced 11.5 (Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- You start remote installation of Acronis components.
- Installation fails with the following error messages:
Failed to get information about remote machine
Failed to connect to the service
Failed to connect to Windows service
To fix the issue, allow MS SQL Server ports in Firewall settings
Setting up network for Acronis products.
- Your company's network has tight security, that incorporates firewalls or deep packet inspection software which interferes only with encrypted traffic. In this case, Acronis Connection Verification Tool will report the connection to be successful, yet the backup will fail. Once an unknown certificate is present in the chain, Acronis Storage rejects the connection.
- On MacOS, there is no Acronis Connection Verification Tool yet. OpenSSL can be used as a replacement for it.
- License sync with Acronis Account fails.
In some situations, a security program like virus scanner or other security suites blocks the functionality of the product. You can solve such issues by adding program folders or executable to exclusion or to whitelist.
To let Acronis products operate properly in the network, you need to open specific ports in Firewall settings.