Wait several minutes or disable sleep mode.
Expected behaviour in currect product architecture. Schedule backups on system shutdown.
- You create a deployment task with the default option "Shut down" enabled for an Agent on Windows 8;
- After you perform a successful deployment, the Agent reboots instead of shutting down.
This is an irregular known issue.
As a workaround, please shut down the Agent machine manually (or through Remote Desktop).
- You scheduled the backup to run on 'On the system shutdown'
- Backup fails with the following message:
Backup scheduled on the system shutdown has failed.
Check the following system settings on the Agent machine to make sure that there are no factors preventing backup tasks from execution:
1) Open Windows Registry (press Win+R, type regedit and click OK to open) and check the following:
If you want your Windows machine to turn off automatically after completing the backup job, you can set up automatic shutdown using native Windows commands.
- Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5: in the backup plan, open Backup options -> Pre/Post commands,
Acronis Cyber Protect 15: in the protection plan, go to Backup module, then to Backup options -> Pre/Post commands,